April 7, 2011

First Attempt at Show Jumping...

Today I took Goblin out to have a look at a full course of jumps. I wanted to make the course as inviting as possible, so lots of x rails, a few verticals and 2 spreads. We had a walk around to start with, and then picked up a nice trot. Goblin was very happy to trot over the x rails and verticals, and didn't look sideways at any of the crazy coloured poles. We had a very nice trot happening that I couldn't resist not having a go at the spreads..so in we went! And over! Goblin decided that it would be ok to canter over a couple as well, so that was more then what I was expecting to achieve in our first session! He was such a good boy and really seemed to be enjoying himself! He is such a clever pony! I will have to get someone to take some more photos of us very soon, he is filling out a lot more in his shoulders and through his body. Such a good looking boy! I couldn't be happier with him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.